Fall is the perfect time to get outside and explore the changing world with your family! The temperatures are bearable, the bugs are at bay and there are so many fun ways that you can create memories together at this time of year! If you in need of outdoor family fun inspiration, you have come to the right place! I have 5 ideas to share with you that are always a hit with my family!
1. Take a nature walk together. Head to a park or a nature preserve and take in the sights of the changing trees and the animals scurrying to gather food for the winter. If you don't have access to a park or nature preserve, a street lined with plenty of trees will do! The exercise will make everyone feel happier. The change of scenery might inspire creativity.
2. Visit a pumpkin patch! This is a tradition for many families for a good reason, it is fun! There is something magical about standing in a pumpkin patch and imagining what you could create on the surface of each unique pumpkin! Let the kids pick their own pumpkins, of course, and don't forget to scope out the selection of gourds! You can spend the evening carving and painting your pumpkins for a festive family day!
3. Have a nature scavenger hunt! Make a list of common things found in nature and set out to find them! You can keep it confined to your yard or head out as a family and explore the neighborhood until you cross all of the items off of your list!
4. Take in a fall festival! There are so many festivals and fairs in the fall! There is no time like now to visit one with the family! We love the lights and noise of modern street fairs, but we make a point to find events that feature crafts and local artisans instead of rides and food trucks. We love the change of pace and opportunity to find one of a kind trinkets and treats!
5. Take a family bike ride! This is a great way to savor a fall afternoon with the kids! Visit a bike trail to make the ride safer for the kids and get those legs moving! Some of my favorite fall memories from my childhood are centered around bike rides down a colorful lane with my parents.
Do you have an idea for fall family fun? I would love to hear about it in a comment!
Tips for Buying the Best Diaper Bag
During the first years of your child's life, there is one thing you never leave home without; the diaper bag. It holds the basics and then some! For at least a year and a half the diaper bag is pri...
School Supply Craft Ideas
Take the ordinary supplies of back to school and turn them into something really cool with these fun ideas for kids! From simple pencil ideas to personalized pencil pouches these ideas are fun, fun...
Kid Friendly Camping Hacks
Camping with the kids can be so much fun! It gives us a chance to reconnect with each other while disconnecting from our devices, discover the beauty of nature and get hands on. It is also an ideal...